To help us accelerate our software development roadmap, Defaqto is seeking an experienced Business Analyst to join our technology team. In this role you’ll have the satisfaction of contributing to and influencing the development of tools and applications utilised by some of the biggest names in the UK financial services industry, including our market leading Defaqto Engage software for financial advisers.
Our Business Analysts are involved in the full product lifecycle from project discovery and idea development, through requirements gathering and specification, to software testing and release. You’ll take the concepts agreed by our product steering group; identify, analyse and document the detailed requirements; then work collaboratively with our development team to ensure on time and in budget delivery of robust software to meet business and customer needs – all within an agile development environment.
To be considered, you’ll need to demonstrate:
- proven track record as a successful Business Analyst within a web software development environment;
- interface design / user experience skills, creating wireframes to help solidify the application workflow and design key user interactions;
- experience creating process diagrams, use cases and user stories with testable acceptance criteria to help deliver right-first-time functional enhancements;
- strong numerical capability – comfortable working with complex data and calculations
- ability to work with ambiguity – extracting information effectively from stakeholders, generating ideas and evaluating options;
- independent and proactive approach - a tenacious, results-focused individual who takes personal ownership for seeing a project through to completion;
- collaborative approach, able to work positively and effectively with wide range of people across the business.
An understanding of the financial advice process would be highly desirable, or at least the interest and willingness to develop in depth knowledge of the industry – training will be provided.
The salary range for this role is £42-48k, very much dependent upon the skills, knowledge and experience you can bring to the role. You’ll also benefit from all the great things about working for Defaqto.
Please be aware that we cannot offer sponsorship - you must already have the right to work in the UK to apply for a vacancy at Defaqto.
STRICTLY NO AGENCIES