Could you play a key role in bringing Defaqto Analytics to life?
Defaqto is a leading provider of software, ratings, consultancy and other services to the UK financial services industry, and a fast growing and successful brand. We are an unbiased and independent provider of data and insight across the Fund Management, Wealth Management, General Insurance, and Banking sectors.
We’ll soon be launching a new customer offering for fund managers, in a joint venture with a leading support service provider for Financial Advisers. So we’re looking for someone with good fund knowledge, great Excel skills and an analytical approach to take on a newly created role within our Funds Research team.
In this role, you will produce market analysis reports for fund managers, which involves:
- monitoring and reporting on key metrics in line with the requirements of fund managers;
- using Excel to extract fund market intelligence data from our databases;
- editing and formatting the output to ensure it’s accurate and appropriate in line with stakeholder expectations;
- writing executive summaries and recommendations using your expert interpretation of the fund market intelligence data;
- being the point of contact for queries relating to the data and wording.
This role provides the opportunity to become an expert in understanding and articulating Defaqto's fund market intelligence data, and to develop new ideas and insights that would be of value to fund managers, for inclusion within the market analysis reports.
To be considered, you need to be able to demonstrate the following:
- Good knowledge of most types of investment funds and DFMs and how they link with investment products and platforms, plus good knowledge of how financial advisers operate
- Excellent Excel skills – ideally including developing and modifying complex Pivot tables - the ability to create VBA code is desirable, but can be learnt in role
- Strong data analysis and interpretation skills, able to quickly extract relevant information and draw conclusions from it
- Attention to detail and a good eye for formatting documents and presentations professionally to meet stakeholder expectations
- Good customer communication skill
You’ll also need to be willing to travel to meetings with our joint venture partner (based in West Yorkshire) and also with fund managers and DFMs (typically in London, but potentially nationwide).
This is a great opportunity to be part of creating this new customer offering and to develop your skills and knowledge further. The role is likely to evolve as Defaqto Analytics grows, and as your personal capabilities also grow.
This is a full-time, office-based role - but for the right candidate we can be flexible in terms of working pattern.
The salary range for this role is £30-40k, dependent upon the skills and experience you can bring to the role, and you’ll also benefit from all the other great things about working for Defaqto.